Getting to the Houston (Bayport) Cruise Terminal and Parking
Note: If you are flying into Houston and looking for how to get to the port without driving, visit this page on port transportation options.
The Bayport Cruise Terminal is located on the east side of Houston, between the suburbs of La Porte and Kemah. The terminal sits right on the edge of Galveston Bay.
The terminal is approximately 20 miles from Houston Hobby Airport, 30 miles from downtown Houston, and 45 miles from Bush Intercontinental Airport. If you are driving, expect the ride to take about 30 minutes from Hobby Airport and one hour from Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Below is a map showing the location of the Bayport Terminal in relation to Houston:
Directions to the Houston (Bayport) Cruise Terminal from Hobby Airport:
1. From the airport, head south on I-45 (Gulf Freeway).
2. Take Exit 26 (Bay Area Boulevard).
3. The exit will loop around. Head east on Bay Area Boulevard.
4. Take Bay Area Boulevard approximately 7.5 miles.
5. Turn right on Port Road.
6. Port Road will eventually dead end at the Bayport Terminal.
1. Leaving the airport, head east on Will Clayton Parkway toward U.S. Highway 59.
2. Take U.S. Highway 59 South for approximately 12 miles.
3. Take the exit for Interstate 610 East.
4. After approximately 10 miles, take exit 30B for La Porte Freeway/Highway 225 East.
5. Take Highway 225 East approximately 15 miles until reaching Highway 146 South.
6. Stay on Highway 146 South for about 5 miles, until taking the Port Road exit.
7. Take a left on Port Road and continue until reaching the terminal.
Directions to the Houston (Bayport) Cruise Terminal from Beaumont:
1. Take Interstate 10 West toward Houston.
2. Near Mont Belvieu/Baytown, take the exit for Highway 146 South.
3. Take Highway 146 South for approximately 15 miles (you will cross over a large bridge).
4. Stay on Highway 146 South, until taking the Port Road exit.
5. Take a left on Port Road and continue until reaching the terminal.
The Bayport Terminal is located at 4700 Cruise Road, Pasadena, Texas 77586.
Where to Park for a Houston Cruise
The terminal offers on-site parking. There are about 1,000 spaces right in front of the terminal, meaning you don’t have to walk very far. Oversize vehicles are allowed, but have to pay for extra space that they take up. All parking is uncovered, but car covers are available for an additional charge.
The parking lot is monitored 24/7 by Port of Houston authorities. As well, the lot is fenced and lit.
Parking rates are $80 for a 7-day cruise — around $11.50 per day. If your vehicle takes up two spaces (such as an RV), you will have to pay full price for an additional spot. There is no shuttle to the terminal, but the walk is very short.
The port offers a pre-paid parking option, which is a $5 discount for a 7-day cruise. You can book online at BayportCruiseParking.com or call 1-877-710-2737.
Note: Disabled American veterans, Purple Heart recipients, and other distinguished military veterans with ID are allowed to park free of charge.